So how can I help?
$110,000 has already been secured from community lenders. If you are interested, please click the button below to provide your contact information. If you have questions, please check the FAQ below or contact us
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is Vergennes Broadband?
- A: We are a private limited liability company located in Vergennes Township, dedicated to bringing wireless internet access to new areas. Our owner, Ryan Peel, is a Lowell High School graduate ('92) and also a township resident, and on a quest to make this happen for the community.
- Q: How did you raise the money?
- A: We needed $110,000 to construct our network. The funding was obtained through "Community Partners". These were not angel investors or venture capitalists, they were your neighbors! How cool is that!?
- Q: When will service be available?
- A: Service is available right now! Our first customer was install in January 2012.
- Q: What technology are you using?
- A: The world's best. We didn't skimp. We're using the fastest, most reliable commercial grade equipment available. It's engineered for rural broadband deployments and it has been tested to provide the best opportunity to overcome the trees and roving hills that are the biggest obstacles to broadband wireless. It can only overcome so much, but the equipment being used WILL give you the best chance of receiving a signal at your home. In fact, you can check out our coverage maps here.
- Q: How does it work?
- A: An antenna (about 8" square in most cases) is mounted on the eave or roof of your home or other nearby structure. The antenna is aimed at one of our towers. A cable is run into your home and connected to your computer or wireless router. The antenna communicates with the tower using a secure connection.
What you have accomplished!
people have already pre-registered!Register
has already been secured from community lenders!
Vergennes Broadband is seeking private lenders that want to be part of the team that is bringing high speed Internet to the area.
With your investment, you can earn a respectable return AND help your community!
Get More Information