So what is Vergennes Broadband?
Vergennes Broadband LLC is a private company founded by Ryan Peel. In 2011, we obtained the funding necessary to construct a high-speed wireless network in Vergennes Township. Our mission is to use the world's best wireless technology to bring high-speed internet to new areas. It isn't just about Vergennes Township, though. With the technology that we are using, there is a very good chance that residents of Ada, Boston, Bowne, Grattan, Keene, Otisco or Lowell townships can receive serve too!
Go to the Facebook Page or call Ryan Peel at 616-897-3107 for more information. Our goal is to not have to say "No" to anyone.
What about the coverage?
See a map of the coverage here: Map of Coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is Vergennes Broadband?
- A: We are a private limited liability company located in Vergennes Township, dedicated to bringing wireless internet access to new areas. Our owner, Ryan Peel, is a Lowell High School graduate ('92) and also a township resident, and on a quest to make this happen for the community.
- Q: How did you raise the money?
- A: We needed $110,000 to construct our network. The funding was obtained through "Community Partners". These were not angel investors or venture capitalists, they were your neighbors! How cool is that!?
- Q: When will service be available?
- A: Service is available right now! Our first customer was install in January 2012.
- Q: What technology are you using?
- A: The world's best. We didn't skimp. We're using the fastest, most reliable commercial grade equipment available. It's engineered for rural broadband deployments and it has been tested to provide the best opportunity to overcome the trees and roving hills that are the biggest obstacles to broadband wireless. It can only overcome so much, but the equipment being used WILL give you the best chance of receiving a signal at your home. In fact, you can check out our coverage maps here.
- Q: How does it work?
- A: An antenna (about 8" square in most cases) is mounted on the eave or roof of your home or other nearby structure. The antenna is aimed at one of our towers. A cable is run into your home and connected to your computer or wireless router. The antenna communicates with the tower using a secure connection.